If you are having a headache to get your Snapchat password back then get to this easy fix. There can be various circumstances when you can forget your password. Some might arise when you are signing into your new device. If you are sign in into Snapchat from a web browser or deleted and reinstalled it or you are into using multiple accounts, then you will need to face this issue probably more than others. Here is the complete guide on how to reset your Snapchat password.
How can you reset your Snapchat password?
You can do this reset thing with Snapchat via mobile phone and email too. Whatever suits your fingers you can go by that option.
Snapchat Password reset through mobile phone:-
- It is already easy as Snapchat provides with a password reset option on the sign-in tab.
- On the second step, you have to tap on forget your password that is present below the username and password. You will have to assign the username you are running with in the first field or the e-mail address that suits in. unless you provide the first line information, you Snapchat is not going to accept your request for password reset.
- You will get a pop-up by Snapchat that will ask you to choose an option for receiving reset message through phone via an automated call or SMS or by email.
- When you choose to do it from your phone, Snapchat will ask for your mobile number. Enter the number you want to register. You can tap on send via SMS or call me instead to get your verification code. Take a pen or paper or screenshot it to note the code.
- If you have received the code, enter it in the area prescribed for. If you have entered the code received via phone correctly, then you have to reconfirm it by entering it once again.
- When you are done with confirming your password, you can click on the yellow change password
Change Password by Email:-
- When you will be prompted by the Snapchat screen to reset your password by email, you can do it by entering your email address in the preferred field.
- When you have finished entering your email, you can click on the Submit button. Check your email that you have mentioned in the Snapchat email to get your password. An email from Snapchat must have gotten into your inbox with “Snapchat Password Reset”. If you do not find it, wait for few minutes or check in your spam folder.
- The link that you have received via Snapchat, click on it to enter a new password. Reconfirm your password on the second field and click on the yellow displayed Change Password button.
By following these two ways you can rest your Snapchat password if you have misplaced it in anyways. There are certain hidden secrets that Snapchat wants its users to know. While resetting your password do not use your name, birthday, username, other personal information or phone number. Rather you can include numbers or symbols, eight or more characters and a mixed password of uppercase and lower case letters.
It is better when you are changing your password, take a screenshot or write down in a paper so that you have less chance of forgetting it. Save it in a safe place. Over the years Snapchat has gathered humongous users who are crazy to be in the social site to express the inert emotions through filters. It is a fun app that keeps users engaged in entertaining themselves along with their followers. But, the only thing you are protected is your password. Be cautious in using it and be sure of what it is.