In Microsoft Outlook, there is an automatic option to create email accounts by default. So, each email account will create a new file with a new inbox. However, as time passes, it may become a bit of a chore to check multiple inboxes. So, the best way would be to combine them. Yes, these various accounts can be combined into a single file, so it is easier to manage them in one familiar interface. Also, sometimes there is a need to combine many email accounts to save on-screen space. Here in this article by mailsguide we will discuss about how to combine different email accounts into one.
For POP3 accounts and accounts created using the auto-detect feature:
You can combine multiple email accounts into one Gmail inbox by following the below-mentioned steps. These steps will work for Outlook Inbox version 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007.
- In Microsoft Outlook, under the File menu, click on the ‘Account Settings.’
- From the drop-down menu, again select ‘Settings.’ Go to the ‘Email’ Tab.
- Then, click on the email account which you wish to combine. You will get the ‘Change Folder’ option at the bottom.
- Select the option, ‘Outlook’ and then ‘Inbox.’ you can click on ‘New Folder’ if you want all emails to be delivered to a custom folder.
- Then finally, click on the ‘OK’ button and close the Account Settings Window. These steps must be repeated for each email account you want to be combined.
Email Forwarding & Mail Fetching Option:
There is the email forwarding option or the mail fetching feature in Outlook. Ideally, the email forwarding option is the best. All the new email received will automatically be forward to your Outlook.com inbox without any delays.
- Log in to the email account that you want to forward. Under the ‘managing your Account’ settings, click on the ‘Email forwarding’ option. Select the option ‘Forward your mail to another email account’ and type the email address on the main outlook account. A point to note is that you need to log in to this account at the last one every 270 days. If not, Microsoft may delete the email address. This action may be repeated for all your email addresses that you want to forward.
- If your email account does not support the forwarding feature, you try out the mail fetching option. This works well with any standard POP3 protocol. For this, go to the ‘Managing your Account’ settings. Click on ‘Sending/receiving’ email from other accounts. Then select ‘Add an email account.’ Here, type in the mail address and password of your other email account. You may have to click on a confirmation link before the actual process goes into force. Up to 4 different POP3 accounts can be added. However, there are limitations, such as a maximum of 50 messages every 30 minutes.
Combine Multiple Email Accounts
Some of your contacts may get confused if you reply from an email address. Different from the one they sent the mail. To avoid such situations, it is better to activate the ‘Send Mail from’ feature available in Outlook. If you have used the email forwarding method, click on the ‘Add another account to send mail from’ option. You will have to add the email address you want to send mail from and then click on the ‘Send verification email’ button. You can then opt to select email addresses when sending emails.
Suppose you have selected the mail-fetching feature and clicked on the link in the confirmation email. In that case, it will b automatically set up as a new ‘Send Email from’ address.
How to combine all your email addresses into one Gmail inbox.
Today, the most common and safe email account is Gmail. So many prefer to keep it as the primary account. So, if you have multiple email accounts, not necessarily Gmail addresses, you can still combine. The best way is to use the Email forwarding option detailed above. Some of the settings may vary. For Gmail, go to settings, click on the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ tab. Select the ‘Add a Forwarding address’ option.
You can enter the main email address. You will get a confirmation link. Click on it for confirmation. If you cannot find the forwarding option, then select the ‘mail Fetcher’ option. Go to the ‘Accounts and Import’ section under the Gmail setting and select the ‘Add a POP3 mail account you own’ option. Enter the email address and the mail account’s POP setting. If this option is selected, then the mails will not be received immediately. Therefore, you need to use the ‘Refresh POP Accounts’ option.
By following the above steps, you can now receive multiple emails from multiple accounts and send emails from multiple accounts in your Outlook inbox. By doing so, you will be better organized and save your time and energy.