Nowadays, everyone wants a customized AOL mail theme so that they can show a bit of individuality. Also, it gives an idea about your personality as well. So, if you are one of those users who want the AOL mails to reflect your personality, you can choose from the many beautiful background themes. However, the question may arise as to how to change the AOL mail theme? The answer does not involve rocket science. First and foremost, you need to know is how to change AOL mail theme. The simple steps are detailed below:
HOW TO ADD
- After signing into AOL Mail, under the Username, go to options and then Mail themes.
- Select from the list whichever theme you like. There is also an option ‘Use Random Theme.’ This will give a new theme every day.
- The last step is to click on ‘Save.’
HOW TO CHANGE AOL MAIL THEME
The steps are almost similar to adding the themes. Currently, there are about 40 themes to choose from. The current theme will show with a ‘Selected’ label and with a checkmark. The default theme is shown on the top left corner and is first in the list.
If you have difficulty deciding which AOL mail theme to choose, then move your mouse over the themes. It will show the names of those who have recommended them. Hopefully, this will make your selection easier.
Once you have selected your theme,
- Click on the preview image if you like the theme, click on the ‘Save’ button to immediately save the new theme. In case you change your selection and want to check out the other themes, click on ‘Cancel.’ The old theme will continue being used.
- At the lower-left corner, there is an option ‘Use Random Theme.’ If you check this option before clicking on the ‘Save’ button, you will randomly select them every day, chosen automatically by AOL Mail. The seasonal themes will be randomly selected and applied.
- You can still customize further. Under the Options, go to ‘Settings.’ Select the ‘General’ option, which is on the left. Scroll down to the option ‘Theme Suggestions’. Herein, make sure to check the box for ‘Show me suggested Themes.’ Then finally, click on ‘Save Settings.’ By so doing, you will get an email as soon as a new seasonal theme is released.
CHANGE THEME FOR A SINGLE MESSAGE
If you want to alter the theme for a single message only, there is an option available. Just follow the steps detailed below:
- Under the ‘Home’ option, go to ‘New Items.’ Then select ‘Email Message using.’ This will lead to the ‘More stationery’ option.
- Here you will get the theme or stationery window with all the themes available. Select the theme from the left menu and see the preview in the right panel. Once you have selected the theme, click on the ‘OK’ button to apply it to your message.
CHANGE THEME FOR ALL MESSAGES
If you like the theme and want it to show in all your messages, then:
- Go to File. Then go to ‘Options.’ This will lead you to Mail. From there, select the ‘Stationery and Fonts’ setting.
- This action will open the Signatures and Stationery window, which will list the default themes available for all your emails. You can even make changes to the theme for forward and reply to emails as well.
- Click on the ‘Theme’ button again. You will get three options: Vivid colors, Active Graphics, and Background Image to choose from. The active Graphics and Background Image is automatically turned on by default. You can select the appropriate option and then click on ‘OK.’
There is also an option of choosing the color while replying or forwarding. When checked, it will ensure that your recipient will get multi-colored replies from your end. For this, checkmark the option for ‘Pick a new color when replying or forwarding.’
In this article, we have considered how to change themes from the existing themes already available. There is also another option, that is,
CREATING YOUR OWN THEME
If you want to personalize your theme to maintain your individuality or show off your creativity, then follow these steps below:
- Open a new message and do all the customizations in fonts, background colors, bullet points, etc. Save the file, but the location should be: %update%\Microsoft\stationery. Also, the save as type should be changed to ‘HTML.’
- Then click on the ‘Save’ button. The new theme will be available. You can follow the steps detailed above for choosing this theme. You can either select it for your single message or as a default theme for all your messages. There is also an option to share this theme with others. Al you need to do is share the file them. Important thins is that the file must be saved in the “%update%\Microsoft\stationery ‘location only.
So, go ahead and try out the steps detailed above and add color and emphasis to your messages by changing the AOL mail themes.