Auto Reply in Outlook How good it is when someone responds on behalf of you to your mails and messages when you are on a vacation or you want to take a break from work when needed. Though you can access your mails on your mobile it keeps you on your toes when mails keep on banging your inbox. The auto responder allows its users to perform the tasks of replying to your mails and letting them know that you have received their email and will be getting back to them as soon as possible.
In this article by mailsguide, we will let you know how to execute the process of setting up auto responder to reply back for your Outlook Mails.
Setting Up Auto Reply in Outlook
It is important to give a proper reply for the message sender or your business client which will keep up your business and make you more professional. Out of office Auto Response is the best and one of the smartest features of Microsoft outlook. Follow the step by step guide to send an auto reply.
Create a Message Template for Auto Replies in Email
- Go to the File menu, select New and then click the Mail Message.
- There are different options, select plain text.
- Type the message you want to send as your automated reply.
- Select the Microsoft office button and click save as.
- In the save as dialog box save as type list and click outlook template.
- Type a name for your message and then click save.
Create a Rule To Automatically Reply to Your Mails:
- Go to the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
- Select New Rule in the Rules and Alerts.
- Select the blank rule, and click on Check messages when they arrive and go to the Next.
- Under the conditions dialog, tick the checkbox sent only to me or add any other criteria you want to and click next.
- Select yes and agree to the condition that rule applied to all the mails sent to you.
- Tick the reply using a specific template checkbox.
- Click a specific template.
- Select reply template dialog box, click user templates in file system.
- Choose the template that you created in the previous step, click open and submit the next button.
- Select the options you wish to apply for the auto reply rule.
- Submit the next button.
- Select a name for your auto reply rule and select Finish button.
Using this Outlook automated reply with a specific template rule which sends your reply only once to each sender during a single session. This helps to circumvent sending repetitive replies to a single sender’s multiple messages or emails which does not look professional. The Outlook autoresponder also helps in keeping a track of the senders to whom it has responded. By this you can get back to them and send your replies later on when you find time and think it is necessary.
It is also important to know how to turn off the auto responder or else it may sometimes create serious chaos.
- On the tools menu select the rules and alerts.
- Select the email rules, clear the checkbox for the rule you want to avoid so that the rule does not apply any further.
To check whether it is sent manually or automatically, can be checked in the sent box in your mail address.
Enable and disable Outlook Auto Response for IMAP and POP Email Accounts:
You can enable or disable the auto responder for IMAP and POP accounts whenever you need them. To enable Microsoft outlook email Auto Reply, go to the file menu, select the rules and alerts option, click on the email rules. Select the auto responder on rule and click OK.
To disable, untick the checkbox , then select OK.
There are many add ons and tools which can enhance the auto responder task. The Mail responder, email responder, auto reply manager etc can be used which are smart enough to use the auto replies when ever necessary.
It is not always recommended to use Email auto responses but it is better if you would do it manually. There are many instances where the auto responders do not work accordingly. But they are also of great help to respond on behalf of you when you are out of office. Do let us know if you have any queries regarding the auto responders in the comment section. We will get back to you as soon as possible.